Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fathers........................

Ok so a few weeks ago I was browsing through my facebook statuses and I came across this picture.  This picture was heart-warming.  It should have aroused emotions within me that would have made me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.  Instead of joy I felt anger. Not just any anger; this anger was fueled by rage............I was angry and had some things that I needed to get off of my chest.

At this point all of you are wondering what in the hell was this picture of....Ok so there was this Father with his daughter and he was showering her with hugs and kisses.  How adorable......no seriously it was......and everythng would have been ok until I read the caption.....Wait for it..........."Let's see how many likes we can get for this Dad for being a Dad............ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inside of me rose this rage from deep inside, like deep down in the intestines...

This is not the first time that I have seen something of similar context.  I ask you since when are we promoting people for taking responisblity.  Why the hell should I give you props for doing what you are suppose to be doing any way?  Seriously, is this the pathetic society we are living in now?  (Rhetorical question) 

You as a man and woman lay down and make a child whether intentionally or not, you still made it.  So raise up and do what you are required to do.  These children did not ask to be brought into this life.  It is your job, your responisblity, your duty to make sure that child life is fulfilled to the best of your ability. 

Men so often get away with being able to not parent children.  These men are out here making babies with these women and walking away.  Gentlemen it is now time to grow up.  Man up, raise up, own up...

I don't want to take away from the men who are handling their own.....men please keep it.  You have so much to teach and show our children.  You are meant to be their and our protectors.  Continue to push through.

The ones we should be giving praise to are the step-fathers.......these men step into a position they are not REQUIRED to step into.  You receive my highest admiration possible to the human race.......Thank you for helping along the way.........

No comments:

Post a Comment